I'm a bit disappointed with myself this week. I...
- enthusiastically overdid the typing, causing my hands to flare up for two days
- ate junk food unconsciously because I was with friends, and felt bleargh afterwards
- spent too much money on aforementioned food
- crashed my bike and busted a tube
- got distracted by a social life in unplanned ways
- piled too many small tasks on without breathing or prioritising them
- didn't track all my work
On the other hand, I...
- adjusted to the flare-up by scaling back computer use and finding non-typing ways to work on my projects (reading, talking with people, learning context/history)
- realized the junk food thing and fixed it
- controlled the crash and matter-of-factly continued on, sans whining
- had a social life, and got to spend two evenings with family before they left for China, and was useful there
- can fix that now
- got a lot more done than I probably realize
This coming week, I ought to...
- religiously rest and treat my arms
- try to be as vegan as possible on the road (I know I won't be, but limiting myself to one heavy or non-vegan meal a day and ruling out caffeine and soda ought to help) and see if this keeps me more steadily going in the midst of trave
- not. spend. money.
- fix my bike
- leave space for hanging out with people, which I will want to do (meeting Luke IRL for the first time, yay!)
- breathe and prioritize tasks before the week begins, and every evening before sleeping, which includes dropping things I can't do rather than just adding to the pile.
- track everything in my notebook, and upload that notebook to The Interwebs each night.
Before I hit the plane tomorrow, I should...
- pack - being sure to put in books and RSI stuff, and plenty of camera memory
- print my trip agenda (tickets, boarding passes, contact #s, addresses...)
- ensure my NECC buddies know my trip agenda (particularly folks I'm riding or crashing with)
- vacuum the murph (my house duty this week)
- make sure the sink (my room) has a navigable floor so Matt (my roommate) won't kill me
- return or re
And it would be really nice, but totally nonmandatory, if I could, before I left...
- download Greg's textbook outline
- download the intern script for revising on the plane
- backup to git
- upgrade to f11 (yeah, I know... I've been slacking on the backup)
- set up offlineimap with thunderbird (alpine can come later)
- set up smw for jlaska
En route, I should...
- revise the intern script
- read and comment on Greg's textbook outline
- prepare a "what is POSSE?"elevator pitch
- prepare a "what is RH doing in education?" elevator pitch
- prepare the short list of questions I will interview people about
- make sure I have a prioritized list of projects
Upon reaching the internet that evening, I should...
- upload all work from airplane
- chillax with Mike Lee & family and Sugar Labs DC folk