Being a nomad pleases me today. It helps me subdivide my day into work sprints, which is what I need right now; a lot of smallish projects, punctuated and transitioned nicely by small meetings.
This morning I did a bit of work from my aunt's house, then commute, then purchasing bagels for Ayelet's place at Bruegger's, where I did more work - then working at Ayelet's place (her thesis on online moderation is spectacularly cool) - and now I'm off to be very, very early for a meeting at Au Bon Pain, where I'll do more work - and then more work from Harvard Law School where I have class this afternoon, and then I'll probably end up at pika and do more work there. I can work from anywhere with wifi and an outlet. Actually, I have books and paper and pens, so I can work from anywhere without an outlet, too. Just in a more limited manner.
These bike wheels are ridiculous. This reminds me that I should, at some point - maybe next month when it's a little warmer - give my bike a spring overhaul. (Read: learn how to do it by doing it - this is the first spring I've had a bike to overhaul, and I didn't take very good care of it this winter - I need to ride it more.)
More Rainer Maria Rilke, from Diana. Whom I quietly admire and adore... I should tell her so.
And if there is one thing more that I must say to you, it is this. Do not believe that he who seeks to comfort you lives untroubled among the simple and quiet words that sometimes do you good. His life has much difficulty and sadness and remains far behind yours. Were it otherwise he would never have been able to find those words.
Spent some time working on LifeCampNYC today. It's based on Sacha's LifeCampTo, and I'll be posting more about it when I get the website up. Other rough plans in the works include a Sugar Activity development sprint with Jerome and some teachers and students in the Philippines. But I have things to do today first. Namely...
- Finding out what's happening with the CFS pilot, and making (if needed) a gameplan to move forward with community involvment on that.
- IIF class notes/readings for today's session on the tensions faced by traditional companies who have difficulties adjusting to the new business models enabled by the internet.
- Planning for my team's class session on online activism, which is next week. I am really looking forward to this.
- Refine SoaS smoke test instructions so I can show them to Caroline tomorrow morning.
- Make sure cooking plans for tomorrow are all set.
And the usual piano and exercise stuff, and then whatever else from the "stuff I should do" list I have time for / want to do.